Thursday, June 10, 2010

Let's start at the beginning


Welcome to the world Maddox Eli!!
I wanted to start this blog as a way to stay connected to the people that I love who I don't get to see every day. (Thank you soooo much Miss Emily for helping me). On March 25th, 2010 at 5:58 pm I was blessed with Maddox Eli Morris, weighing in at 8 pounds 2 ounces.
Maddox's birthday came the day after Matt and I's 3rd anniversary. My beloved doctor was out of town that week and I was determined that I was not going into labor until he came back. So on the 24th Matt and I went to Outback to celebrate our anniversary and we ate a bloomin onion. To this day I will swear thats what caused me to go into labor! (Old wives tale says spicy food will cause labor) So the next morning at 5:30 in the morning I was laying in bed and my water broke. We were so excited/nervous/scared, a million different emotions! Most of all we just wanted Maddox to be healthy because I had a test result that gave us a (very small) chance that he would have Down Syndrome. That had weighed on my heart and mind the entire pregnancy. Anyways, the rest of the day just kind of went downhill, and ended up like the birth scene from Knocked Up with me not getting my epidural and having a stranger for a doctor...It was a long hard day but I would do it a million times over because at the end of that day God gave me the most precious gift of my life, my baby boy.

1 comment:

  1. Not Bad for your first post! :) I am so happy I could help with creating your blog! I miss you so much and I cannot wait to meet Maddox! Now I feel like I can get to know him by reading your post! I am so happy I got to train you 4 years ago! That was a God made friendship!I love ya and cannot wait to read about baby Maddox!

    ReplyDelete